Musing Mondays–Should Be Reading

musing-mondays

hosted by Should Be Reading

This week’s musing asks…

What distracts you when you really “should be reading”?

Reading is something I do during my downtime. If everything that needs to be done is done or cannot be done yet, I’m reading. If I’m not reading, it’s usually because I’m cleaning, running errands, working, spending time with my husband, or hanging out with friends. Or blogging about reading!

Even though I get a ton of reading done and set up my own deadlines to finish books, I never really put reading at the top of my list of things I need to do. Reading is something I’ve always had time for and if I’ve managed to get as much reading done as I do, it hardly needs to be put at the top of my priority list. So there’s really never a time I feel like I “should” be reading. There are times I wish I was reading or I want to read, but usually those are times where I’m doing things that need to be done and should definitely NOT be reading.

So while there’s really never a time I should be reading and I’m not, I suppose life is what distracts me!