Top Ten Tuesday–Bookish People I’d Like to Meet

toptentuesday

hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Bookish People I’d Like To Meet

I’ve never met any authors and have never been to any kind of event or book signing or blog event. The list of people I’d like to meet is long, but here’s a couple off the top of my head.

1. Chuck Palahniuk. Author of Fight Club and various other books.

2. Julie Kagawa. Author of The Immortal Rules the Iron Fey Series.

3. Alma Katsu. Author of The Taker Trilogy.

4. Ray Bradbury. I know he’s not alive anymore, but he’s one of my favorite authors and I wish I would have gotten the chance to meet him. Author of Fahrenheit 451 and various other books.

5. Every book review blogger. I can’t pick just one or a handful that I’d like to meet. I’d love to met so many of them. I love some of the various memes that help us get to know each other better.

6. Anne Rice. Author of The Vampire Chronicles and various other books. I feel like she would be such a cool person to talk to.

7. Stephen King. I’m not a huge fan of his books like many people I know, but I have a lot of respect for him and I love the way he writes. I think it would be interesting to pick his brain.

8. J.K. Rowling. Author the Harry Potter series. Who wouldn’t want to meet her?!

9. Ayn Rand. Author of Atlas Shrugged and various other books. There is so much speculation about what kind of person she was and if she was a hypocrite. I’d love to have gotten the chance to meet her and pick her brain, too.

10. Charlaine Harris. Author of the Sookie Stackhouse series. Mostly, I’d just want to hear her thoughts on what HBO is doing with the show True Blood. =)