Booking Through Thursday–Carry On

btt2

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week’s question:

Do you bring the book(s) you’re reading with you when you go out? How?
Physically, or in an e-reader of some kind? Have your habits in this
regard changed? (I know I carried books with me more when I was in
school than I do now–I can’t read while I’m driving to work, after
all.)

Yes, I always have my Kindle with me. In fact, I’ve carried it in my purse so many times since I bought it a few months ago that my purse feels empty when I don’t have it with me and I feel like I’m forgetting something.

If I’m reading a physical book, I bring it with me if I expect to have time to read, like I’m headed to work (and will have a break at some point) or I’m going to a doctor’s appointment or the shooting range and I know there will be some downtime. Unlike with my Kindle, I don’t take books with me to the grocery store. I totally bring my Kindle, though. I don’t know why. I suppose I feel like if the world ends, like in The Mist, it would be nice to have a reading device.

Since I bought my Kindle and end up carrying it with me everywhere, I would say that my habits have definitely changed.