Feature & Follow Friday–Reading Habits

FF_2012

Hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

Featured Blogs: Read It, Read It, Loved It and Reading Between Classes

Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

My reading habits don’t really change based on my mood. It changes based on what I’m in the mood for (if that makes sense). Sometimes I am in the mood to be challenged and will read something a little more complicated. Sometimes I just want to relax with a good story. Sometimes I want to read something more profound, other times I want to read something humorous. But if I don’t really know what I want to get from a book, I just pick a book at random and let it change my mood for me and take me along for the ride.

I don’t think my reading tastes change drastically and I don’t really switch entire genres based on my mood, nor I do go from being depressed to happy frequently.

The only emotion that I think actually impacts my reading habits greatly is anger. I cannot read when I’m angry. If I’m really angry about something, I just can’t get into a book until it subsides. Luckily, that doesn’t happen to me often. And if I’m only slightly aggravated about something, I can still read and usually get my mind off of whatever is irking me.

What about you?