Feature and Follow Friday - Book Cover

 
Hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read
Featured Blogs: Awesomesauce Book Club and Book Me
 
Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you’ve read and loved?
 
This is a tough question to answer. While I don't always read books with awesome covers, there's always something I like about it. The only books I could think of off the top of my head were my Barnes and Noble Classics, but most of those have awesome original covers.
But I found one...
 
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
 
 
There are tons of covers for this book, but the paperback version I got was published in 1970. While I don't believe it's the original cover, I scrolled through some of the earlier covers and I don't really like any of them, either. I suppose this is my least favorite cover because of how much I LOVE Fahrenheit 451's cover (and pretty much every other Ray Bradbury book I've read). This one just screams out science fiction in a way that doesn't usually appeal to me. I do love science fiction, there are just books that do not appeal to me in the genre and they usually have covers like these.
 
Fortunately, the inside of this book is amazing and I can overlook the cover all day long. Especially when his other books have awesome covers. Looking at the newer cover for this book, I think it's a huge improvement. =)