Booking Through Thursday–Talking Books

btt2

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week’s question:

Do you like to talk about what you read? Do you have somebody to talk WITH?

I love to talk about books with people. It’s better when someone has read the book I’ve read, but sometimes I enjoy hearing about a book I haven’t read or telling someone else about a book they haven’t read.

I do have people to talk to about books. I participate in a few online book clubs and started a small one of my own with friends on facebook. Sometimes, I’ll talk to my husband about really great books I’ve read and tell him the story. He isn’t a big reader, so I don’t have to worry about spoilers when I talk. He knows the whole story of the series A Song of Ice and Fire (otherwise known as Game of Thrones) by George R.R. Martin just from me talking about it.

My friend Keri is a great example of someone I love to talk books with. We’ve read a lot of the same books, so we have so much to discuss. She’s a lot more detail oriented, so she’ll pick up on things I may have missed or forgot about. It’s great.

In the same way that most people talk about movies or TV shows, I like to talk about books. I think it’s a great way to gain new perspective. There have been many times where I’ve expressed my thoughts about a book and someone else has expressed their thoughts and they’ve been completely different and I realized they’ve picked up on this whole element that I missed completely.

I even enjoy talking about books I hated with people who loved it because I get to find out why it appealed to them and not to me. It’s just a wonderful experience to me to be able to share literature.