Booking Through Thursday–Sniffle

btt2

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week, Jamie asks: What was the most emotional read you have ever had?

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

It is extremely rare that I cry while reading, but this book made me sob. I’m pretty sure it was mainly due to the fact that my husband was out to sea. I tend to get a little sappy and ridiculous on occasion when he’s gone and The Notebook just hit the right spot to get me sobbing. But it was probably the book, too.

The NotebookThe Book Thief11870085

Two others that come close (especially since I was normal while reading them and my husband was home and not gone) are The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Neither made me cry, but I came relatively close and it’s very hard for authors to do this unless I’m emotional because I miss my husband.