Booking Through Thursday–Picking and Choosing

btt2

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

Two questions about selecting your books:

Pooch asks: Overall, what factor most influences your choice of your next read?

Sefcug asks: What is it that makes you want to read a book by an author you have never read before?

Most of the time, I pick a book that I just feel like reading. It depends on what I’m in the mood for, but I also have to worry about deadlines. I try to read all author requests in the order they were received to be as fair as possible to those that are waiting on my feedback. I’m finding it more difficult to figure out what to read next because I now use my Kindle all the time, but still have regular books to read. So I find myself reading more than one book at a time (one in each form). I’m still trying to figure myself out. I am reading a book for an author request on my Kindle right now and a hardcover book that “spoke” to me on my bookshelf.

Most of the books I read are by authors I’ve never read before. It’s very rare that I read a book by an author and stick just to that person or similar authors. This is a status that is only for my absolute favorite authors and it’s only achieved if I’ve read 2 or more books (or series) that I loved by the same person. I give anyone a chance. Wow me with a synopsis and I’m reading your book without any hesitation. That’s really all it takes. I’m on the lookout for a good story and I’m not really influenced by who wrote it until after I love it. =)