Musing Mondays–Thinking

hosted by Should Be Reading

This week’s musing asks…

Have you ever read a book that, at the time, you didn’t feel a strong connection towards, but as time goes by you find yourself thinking about it a lot?

Yes. I frequently think of certain scenes from books later on. I remember reading Things Fall Apart for summer reading in high school one year and I didn’t really like the book. After school began and we started to discuss the book, I realized how much I loved the book after dissecting it and thinking about it a little deeper.

For the most part, I know that I loved a book a soon as I finish it. The exceptions for me tend to be deeper books, older classics, and ones that aren’t quite so “easy” to read. Those require much more thought and consideration and often times, the underlying message or theme is what makes me think about it long after I’m done.