Feature and Follow Friday–Jumping Genres

Hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

Featured Blogs: Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paperback Princess

Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

It’s happened to me a few times.

This year, I participated in the Eclectic Reader Challenge and I had to read a mystery/crime fiction. It is not my genre at all, but a friend recommended Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow and I loved it. I don’t know that I’m a fan of the genre at all, still, but I did enjoy that particular book.

Every once in a while, I’ll pick up a romance or contemporary novel and enjoy it, but it’s still not a go to genre for me. I’m also not a huge reader of historical fiction, but occasionally I’ll pick one up and love it.