Booking Through Thursday–One or Many?

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week’s question:

Vampira2468 asks: Series or Stand-alone?

Stand alone books.

While I love series because it means the story continues, I hate waiting for the next book to come out. If I read new books that are part of a series, I have to wait so long to read the next one and sometimes I forget about it. It’s hard to keep track of them sometimes.

Long books are not daunting to me and I actually prefer a book to be longer. I suppose that’s why I choose stand alone books because it doesn’t mean that the story has to be short. I’d prefer a much longer and intricate story line that I can immerse myself in all at once without waiting.

That being said, I think I probably read more series than stand alone books. Maybe because there’s just tons of series out that interest me. Maybe it’s because most people are put off by large books and tend to purchase smaller ones so more stories are being broken up into more than one book. I don’t know. But if you ask me which one I prefer and which one I read more of, the answers are different.