TGIF–Most Valuable Books

hosted by: GReads

Most Valuable Book: From your personal collection of books, which ones hold the most value to you - is it signed by the author? or maybe it's your favorite story of all time? Share it with us.

Wow, that’s a tough question.

As far as financial value goes, I have no signed books and very few hardcover first editions, none of which are rare. I’m not really a book collector in those terms.

A few of them are dear to me, like my tattered copies of The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle, and The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. Many other books on my shelf mean something to me, but these 3 are special.

I’d like to have some signed copies, but book collecting isn’t really my thing. The financial value of books and obtaining rare copies don’t interest me. It’s what is between the covers that means the most to me.