TGIF–Authors Are Our Celebrities

hosted by: GReads

Authors Are Our Celebrities: Have you ever contacted an author you admired? How did that experience go? If not, which author would you love to have a chat with?

No, I haven't (technically). The closest I suppose I’ve come is reading a book for a review request, loving it, and being able to interview the author or simply thank him or her. Or saying hi after a friend introduces us on Twitter. But, I suppose that’s a bit backwards since I didn’t love the author yet before contacting him or her! Honestly, it makes me feel comfortable that way because my opinion is being asked for, rather than me just gushing to someone I’ve never spoken to before.

Maybe it’s because I’m reading the book now, but I’d love to have a chat with Alma Katsu. I was blown away by The Taker and the second book in the trilogy is equally amazing so far. I’m so shy on twitter that I haven’t been able to connect with a lot of authors the way other bloggers and friends of mine have.

I shouldn’t be so shy, because I’m sure authors appreciate fans, but I’ve always seen people freak out over celebrities so I’ve avoided being “that kind of fan” of anything.

I suppose I’ll break out of my shell eventually.