Musing Mondays–Reading Goals

hosted by Should Be Reading

This week’s musing asks…

Do you set goals for yourself, while reading? For example, “I want to get this book finished this weekend“, or “I will read __ pages today“, etc. Why, or why not?

I suppose I do, in a sense. I know that I have a stack of review requests that I need to finish as soon as I can, books for a couple book clubs that need to be read within the month, and books I bought. I try to balance them out and finish an ARC before the release date and get my review out, finish a book for a book club in time for discussion, and still get to read books I bought.

My goal today is to finish The Reckoning by Alma Katsu. I’d like to have my review up before the contest ends so I can add in another entry by submitting my review. I also need to finish it so I can move onto an author review request and get that done. I never have goals for pages to read or time spent reading each day because that doesn’t work for me. I just try to balance reading, finishing reviews, and still being a person that has a life! Today is my laundry and mopping the floors day, so I know I have to balance cleaning and reading!