Feature and Follow Friday–Unread

Hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

Featured Blogs: Books and Blossoms and Head Stuck in a Book

Q: If you could “unread” a book, which one would it be? Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time? Or because it was THAT bad?

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

It wasn’t badly written or anything. It was actually captivating.

And then, you get the end and (if you are anything like me) you THROW the book across the room because it was an epic waste of time.

The feelings I get whenever I think of this book are ridiculous. I’m already typing angrily because I HATE this book. I hated the message, the ending, and the overall nerve of the author (no disrespect, honestly) to try to make such a point. It’s just too much for me. I felt like the entire story disrespected the idea of truth in storytelling. Which is the point.

Ugh.

It’s still on my shelf because I don’t want to get rid of it. If I keep the book, maybe that’s one less person who will see it in a used bookstore and read it. I have to stop myself now or this will be a forever long rant! Haha.