Feature and Follow Friday–Fathers

Hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

Featured Blogs: Candace's Book Blog and Patch of Sky

Q: Happy Father’s Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

Ned Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. He was such an honorable man and brought up his children well. While being a good person doesn’t really work out well for any of the characters in the series, he is one of my favorite characters and the kind of father I’m sure all the rest of the characters in Westeros wish they had.

I also liked Charlie in the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer. I don’t know why, but I just felt like he was a much steadier parent. He tried so hard to be good to his daughter and I liked him a lot. Come to think of it, both Jacob and Edward’s fathers were also great.

And because I love Greek mythology, I’ll say Poseidon in the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. He surely wasn’t the best father, but I loved him.

And while I’m on a good roll, Mo from the Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke. Matter of fact, why wasn’t he my first choice. He was a wonderful father!

I’m having MUCH better luck picking great fathers than I did picking great moms.