Top Ten Tuesday–Books I Can’t Believe I’ve Never Read

hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read

This week’s topic was originally Authors I’d Like To See on a Reality Show, but was turned into a freebie topic because of the difficulty. Plus, I hate reality TV. I decided to do an older topic from before I blogged, so I picked this one!

1. Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I was always in Advanced English and this book was never required reading in school. The regular classes read it, but not the honors. I’m sad I haven’t read this yet and it’s definitely on my to read list.

2. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Another classic that I never read in school, despite other classes reading it. I’m hoping to get around to it this year.

3. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I read the Hobbit recently and loved it, but haven’t read the trilogy yet.

4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I really need to read this book. I’ve heard so many good things about it!

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth. With everyone raving about Book 2 recently, I realize I need to hurry up and get this one read!

6. The rest of The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. I’ve only read up to Queen of the Damned (Book 3). I don’t even know how many are in the series, but I stopped reading. I enjoyed the first 3 a lot, but read somewhere that Rice started off as atheistic or agnostic and became more and more religious over time and her books reflect that, which is probably why I stopped. I’ll probably never finish.

7. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. With everyone talking about these books and me seeing it on just about every free surface at Barnes and Noble, my willpower is weakening. I should just read this before rolling my eyes about them. Not really my kind of genre, but I’ve always been the type of person that thinks you should read something before dismissing it.

8. The Help by Katheryn Stockett. Another book that has a lot of hype and I haven’t read it yet. I usually wait for the fuss to die down a bit before reading popular books. My grandmother didn’t like it very much and she’s normally a person I trust as far as judging books. But I need to read it and decide for myself.

9. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. Usually, when I watch a show or a movie and discover it is based off of a book, I rush off to purchase! That’s how I discovered George R.R. Martin and Charlaine Harris, after all. But after a couple years of watching the show, I still haven’t bought a single book in this series. I found out that Smith doesn’t have the rights to it anymore and the series is being continued by another person, which soured my taste a little bit.

10. The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith. Same issue as #9, only this series is more important as I discovered the show has been cancelled. I enjoyed the show more than The Vampire Diaries, actually, so I’m pretty bummed. I need to read the series myself and stop relying on the CW to air my shows!