Review–Someone Else’s Fairytale

13181441

Someone Else’s Fairytale

by E.M. Tippetts

Summary: Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. It's the ideal fairytale... for most people. The last thing Chloe needs is public attention. It brings back dangers from the past that she's worked her whole life to escape.

Review:

4 star

Despite not being an avid reader of YA romance, I really enjoyed this book. It was a cute love story that kept me interested. I couldn’t put it down. I usually get bored with light love stories, but this one was good. Not only was I able to get right into Chloe’s head as the narrator, but the story was absolutely unpredictable. I kept stopping and looking at the cover and thinking, “What does this title mean? What is going to happen? Why can’t I figure this out?” And that normally doesn’t happen to me with cute romance novels.

Another plus about the book is that it isn’t your typical boy meets girl insta-love that I know most people can’t stand. It’s not a lack of communication driving the entire plot love story, either, and it’s not predictable. It’s real and down to earth and believable. Chloe always put her thoughts into words and wasn’t afraid to discuss her fears with anyone. I thought Chloe was a likeable character with a lot of depth and strength. I enjoy seeing strong female characters in books and this one did not disappoint in that aspect. Not only was Chloe strong, but she was in college at the top of her class, motivated, and not quick to swoon. She stood up for herself and I can’t express how much I love this enough. I also love that she was not a fangirl. I could definitely relate to that and I think it made her even more real in my eyes.

Chloe’s past was another interesting part in the book. The backstory of her strange family really hooked me and the way she handled some of the things life threw at her amazed me.

Everything about this book is well done and perfectly executed. I won’t include any spoilers, especially after gushing about how unpredictable it was. It’s definitely worth the read, even if YA or romance isn’t your typical genre. Chloe’s qualities alone are likeable, but the entire relationship/love was believable and admirable in that sense.

A great book and I will definitely be checking out other works by Emily Mah Tippetts in the future.

Labels: