Top Ten Tuesday- All Time Favorite Characters

hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters In Books

1. Yossarian in Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.

He’s funny, sarcastic, and I love him.

2. Esther Greenwood in The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.

The way she sees the world can be depressingly spot on sometimes.

3. Jon Snow in The Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin.

His desire to be an honest and honorable man counts for something.

4. Nick Andros in The Stand by Stephen King.

Everyone always like Stu, but Nick was my favorite. He was the deepest and most intelligent character in this book, in my opinion.

5. Dobby the House Elf in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.

I loved Dobby so much. He made me laugh out loud while reading and he showed so much courage for a house elf.

6. Gandalf in the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.

I love how he’s there when he’s needed and he’s gone when he’s not. Plus, he’s quite funny at times.

7. Tyler Durden in Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.

How can you not like Tyler Durden?

8. Astrid in White Oleander by Janet Fitch.

She’s such a strong, yet weak character and I love how she both stands up to her mother, yet yearns to be with her. She shows so much depth.

9. Dagny Taggart in Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

A strong, intelligent female character. She’s honorable and hard working and I admire her strength.

10. Meg Murry in A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.

I empathized so much with Meg when I grew up reading this series. I loved her.

Labels: