Presumed Innocent Review

 

425029

Presumed Innocent

by Scott Turow

Summary: "Presumed Innocent" brings to life our worst nightmare: that of an ordinary citizen facing conviction for the most terrible of crimes. Prosecutor Rusty Sabich is transformed from accuser to accused when he is handed an explosive case--that of the brutal murder of a woman who happens to be his former lover.

Review: I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

When I first started my eclectic reading challenge, I had no idea what I would read for Crime/Mystery fiction. I’m not a mystery reader, it’s one of my least favorite genres. Perhaps there is too much crime drama on TV. I don’t know. It’s rare that I read these books. This one was recommended by a friend as one of the best crime novels he’s ever read. So I bought it. I have to say, I’m glad I did, because it was amazing.

This novel was well written and I enjoyed reading from Rusty’s point of view. Throughout the book, I had no idea who actually committed the murder and who (if anyone) set him up. There was so much dirty business going on, it was difficult to say. I didn’t know how it would turn out, but I kept flipping the pages so I could find out. I had all these different ideas and I was surprised when none of them turned out to be right. I like books that surprise me and keep me guessing, as this one surely did.

I definitely recommend this book, even if this genre isn’t your favorite.

 

This book also completes category 2 of the Eclectic Reader Challenge 2012:

hosted by: bookdout

Genres

  1. Literary Fiction

  2. Crime/Mystery Fiction

  3. Romantic Fiction

  4. Historical Fiction

  5. Young Adult

  6. Fantasy

  7. Science Fiction

  8. Non Fiction

  9. Horror

  10. Thriller /Suspense

  11. Classic

  12. Your favorite genre

Labels: