Booking Through Thursday- Longest Read


hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week's question:
Bookish Sarah asks: What book took you the longest to read, and do you feel it was the content or just the length that made it so?

I've been reading for the majority of my life, both long and short reads. There's been a few books that took me awhile, but there's only one that really comes to mind as being the absolute longest amount of actual reading time.
That would be the Bible. I believe it was an NIV version and I read the entire thing, both Old and New Testaments.
I don't know if many people read it cover to cover like I did. It took me weeks, maybe even months. Not only is it quite a long book, but it's written in a way that has been translated many times and worded a bit odd compared to how we write and read today. I had to take a lot of notes to ensure comprehension. I was reading it specifically to learn. Perhaps if I wasn't going at it quite so academically, I would have finished faster. I don't know.
But both content and length made it a long read for me, as well as the reason for reading it and having to take personal notes.

Labels: