Booking Through Thursday- Changes

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week, two people asked a similar question:

Charlie Quillen asks: Has a book ever inspired you to change anything in your life, fiction or non-fiction alike?

Lindsay asks: There have been books I loved, books that I fell in love with, and books that changed my life, and they’re not always the same nor mutually exclusive.

I think most of the books I read inspire me in some way.

Fantasy always inspires me to think and imagine more.

Katniss in the Hunger Games motivated me to shoot my own bow more often, as it has sat on the wall for some time.

The Twilight Saga taught me that you don’t have to necessarily be a genius writer to get published, which inspired me to dabble more in writing.

The Zombie Survival Guide and the Zombie Combat Manual inspired me to be more prepared for disasters and practice shooting my rifles more often.

Atlas Shrugged inspired me to think for myself.

Most dystopian novels, such as 1984, inspire me to become more knowledgeable about politics.

My husband pointed out that I enjoy reading books that deal with the breakdown of society or people. This always inspires me to think and to study more about human nature. Psychology texts to the same thing and I read them every so often.

And The Bell Jar changed me in some ways. Maybe I just needed to be exposed to someone miserable to show me that I don’t have to be. I don’t exactly know what it is about the book that flipped the switch in me, or what switch was flipped, but I know I felt different.

Labels: