TGIF- Promote an Author

 
hosted by: GReads
 Promote An Author: Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work.
Robert R. McCammon
I choose this author because he writes horror. I've read one book of his and have one on my bookshelf to read. He was recommended to me by a friend who likes horror novels, such as the likes of Stephen King and Peter Straub. Apparently, in the 80s, these 3 authors, and Dean Koontz, were very popular. Somehow, though, McCammon was kind of forgotten. I had never heard of him, but then again, I was just a little kid in the 80s. I only know King because he still writes and he's probably the most popular horror author there is. Koontz still writes as well. And I only know Straub because his name is on the spine of The Talisman, which he coauthored with King.
I read The Wolf's Hour. 
It was about a spy in Nazi Germany who was also a werewolf. Very adventure-ish and detailed. I enjoyed it and definitely recommend it to others, especially lovers of Stephen King.

Labels: