Musing Mondays- Covers

hosted by Should Be Reading
 
 This week’s musing asks…
 Would you choose to review a book if its description sounded interesting but the cover was terrible?

YES. I would definitely read and review a book that has a cover that leaves something to be desired. I read books for what is in between the covers, not what's on the outside. And I also don't judge books based solely on the cover, as I've been burned before. 
I think my least favorite cover of a book I've bought is the Sookie Stackhouse series. Had I just glanced at the cover and thought no more, I would have never picked them up because they seem a little cheesy to me, despite how mature the books really are.  And now that I've read all the books (what is it, 11, now?) I have an appreciation for the covers.
I guess I just feel like an author probably sits at a desk with tons of research papers and scraps of paper all around, typing away, getting down to the nitty gritty of a story and the cover is not the first thing they think about. I also don't judge books by the title, either. I feel like these things are afterthoughts. Maybe that's not true, after all, I'm not an author myself, but I give them the benefit of the doubt. =)
 

Labels: