Booking Through Thursday

hosted by Booking Through Thursday
 
This week's question: 
 Which non-series book would you most like to read the sequel to? Do you have any wishes for what might happen in it? 

The Book Thief by Mark Zusak
 
I absolutely loved the narrator. I don't think the particular plot and characters has anywhere to go, but I'd love to see Death focus on someone else in some other terrible time period and tell their story. I think there is much more Death can talk about, and I would definitely read a ton of books if they all had him narrating. I thought this book was brilliant. I still need to read Zusak's other books and see how they are narrated, but I still believe there is room for sequels with this particular book. With so many wars and terrible events in the world, I think Death has way too many options to choose from. It would be interesting to see him narrate about a kid during the Dust Bowl, or perhaps the plague in England or even something more recent, like the Cold War. It would be so awesome!

Labels: