Top Ten Tuesday

hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
 
 
Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To:
(and please tell us the song and why you'd pick it for the book!)
 
1. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer 
Guaranteed by Eddie Vedder
I know this was a movie and Eddie Vedder did the entire soundtrack, so this is probably cheating. But it really is perfect for this book.
 
2. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Get Up by Korn
The lyrics and the song would be absolutely perfect with this book. "Peace through pain is precious Especially when it's done by you. Itching is a pulse inside, Creeping out to come alive. It's just doing what it's gonna do." See? Perfect!
 
3. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Unpretty by TLC
Not my typical genre of music, but the lyrics would fit this book pretty well with the emphasis on becoming a pretty and being told how ugly you are without going through the "pretty" surgery.
 
4. The Hunger Games Trilogy
Forty Six and Two by Tool
"I choose to live and to Grow, take and give and to Move, learn and love and to Cry, kill and die and to Be paranoid and to Lie, hate and fear and to Do what it takes to move through." I think it fits pretty well.
 
5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Crawling by Linkin Park
This song is all about pain and I think the main character probably needed to hear this song.
 
6. 1984 by George Orwell
Zombie by the Cranberries
"When the vi'lence causes silence, We must be mistaken. It's the same old theme since nineteen-sixteen. In your head, in your head they're still fighting, With their tanks and their bombs, And their bombs and their guns..." It is all about the effects of war and I think Orwell talked a lot about the different wars and how people perceived them and how they were used as a tool.
 
7. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max
We R Who We R by Ke$ha
I hate this song and I hate this book, mostly for the same reason. I could pick any pop song about partying it up, but this one works.
 
8. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
" And I don't want the world to see me 'Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am." I've always thought this song fits with this book for some reason.
 
9. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Shimmer by Fuel
This song has always seemed hopeless to me. All that shimmers in the world is sure to fade... and I think it fits with both Sylvia Plath's and Esther's outlook on the world. 
 
10.  The Passage by Justin Cronin
Hard Time Killing Floor Blues by Skip James/Chris Thomas King (from Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou?)
Not only do I LOVE this song, but I think it fits well with some of the scenes in this book. "Hard time here and everywhere you go. Times is harder than ever been before. And the people are driftin' from door to door. Can't find no heaven, I don't care where they go."

Labels: