Single Shot Book Meme

Single Shot Book Meme

Name your favorite book that you read as a teenager.
It's a toss up between The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and The Picture of Dorian Gray. Both were so wonderful.

Which book are you reading now, which page? Tell us the best quote from that page.
I'm reading Fight Club by Chuck Palahnuik, but it's packed in bag. I'm getting ready to go on vacation. I can't tell you which page I'm on.

The book you would most recommend to a young reader.
Probably the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I figure most young readers have heard of Harry Potter and have either read it already or aren't interested. I loved the Percy Jackson series.

The name of a book you abandoned and why.
The one that I remember the most is Killing Kelly by Heather Graham. I think I picked it up at my local library a few years ago. It was so atrocious and badly written, I couldn't finish.

Most and least favorite genres.
My favorite books are normally dystopian in nature. I love YA books and fantasy and classics and great character based literature.
My least favorite are probably romance and mystery. From what I've read, a lot of books in those two genres are predictable, as in you read one, you've read them all. There are very few that surprise me or have extra elements to the story.

Name the book at the top of your To Read pile. Who publishes it?
My to read pile is in no particular order, but next month I'll be continuing the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. Pretties is the next in line and it's published by simon pulse.

Have you shared your current reads on FridayReads recently? (Twitter, Facebook etc)
I think I last participated the week before last. I really haven't gotten used to twitter.

Favorite author and why you love reading their work.
Something interesting about me: I don't have a favorite author. I just can't narrow down my wide spectrum to even a favorite genre, so picking an author is even harder. There are so many great authors out there. There are also amazing books written by authors who only wrote that one book. It's just too difficult for me to pick just one person.

When did you last give/receive a book as a gift? What was it?
I gave my father in law Catch-22 by Joseph Heller and his mom the latest Stephen King book for Christmas. I received The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.

Tell us why you love to read!
I have always loved reading. I grew up as an only child (until I was about 13) and I was pretty shy. Reading gave me escape and adventure. I continue to read because I still enjoy escaping into a well written world. I also find it enjoyable to read a story that makes a point about life, whatever that point may be. I want to know everything and reading is the best path to get me there.

Labels: ,