Musing Mondays




hosted by: Should Be Reading
 
This week's musing asks: What is the last book that you learned something from? What book was it, and what did it teach you?
 
I suppose Fight Club is the last book that taught me something.
While a fight club or a project mayhem anarchy and destructive type of thing isn't really for me, I realize how easy it is to get bogged down in daily life and how quickly you can get wrapped up into movements and causes that are destructive and unhealthy.
I also learned a little bit about knowing the people around you, whether it's a friend, family member, or coworker. You don't always know the people you think you do.
I also learned a bit about the terrible side effects of insomnia. While I already knew that lack of sleep produces schizophrenic behavior, it was kind of awesome to see it all played out in front of my eyes.
 
I love novels that have a lot of underlying themes and there's no way I could touch on all of the themes present in Fight Club, but it's certainly a novel that made me think about the world and I call that a successful novel.
 
 
(this is late but I finally have a free moment!)






Labels: