Feature and Follow Friday

hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read
Featured host: BookChowDown

Q: What would your prefer: reading your favorite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?

This is a hard one. I'm going to assume the 100s of mediocre books are not ones I've read before. With that in mind, I pick the mediocre books. I'll always remember my favorite aspects, themes, and quotes from my favorite books. But if I'm stuck continuously reading it, I'm missing one of the best parts about reading: entering a new world/uncharted territory. Even though these books would be disappointing, I'm sure over time I would probably forget what a well written book reads like and at least I'd be surprised while reading by not knowing what happens next.
But, if everyone in the world had to choose one or the other, I think it would be a great time to WRITE some mediocre fiction, so maybe that's what I'd be doing.


Labels: ,