Booking Through Thursday

hosted by Booking Through Thursday
 
Today's question: If you had to pick only 5 books to read ever again, what would they be and why?
1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I've read this book many times and it was my answer for my groundhog day question, so it has to be on this list. It's just a story I enjoy.

2. 1984 by George Orwell. This is one of those books that I think everyone should read. I wouldn't mind going back to this book often.

3. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. When it comes to adventure stories aimed at kids, like Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, the Percy Jackson Series, and the Hobbit, this one remains my favorite. I absolutely love the other ones, don't get me wrong, but I think this one would win if I couldn't read the others. Maybe because I've read the others only once and have already read this one a few times.

4. The Zombie Combat Manual by Roger Ma. I'm assuming if I can only keep 5 books and no more are available, the world must be at an end. And whether that's due to the Zombie Apocalypse or not, this book has valuable survival tips that would serve me well. =)

5. Maybe I'm speaking too soon since I'm not finished, but I think The Fault In Our Stars by John Green might be a good choice. I'm not quite done and already thinking about reading it again. And if the world is ending, it would perhaps be a good book to help deal with death?


Labels: