Third Sentence Thursday

hosted by: Proud Book Nerd

 
Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme that Proud Book Nerd hosts.
How to play along...
1. Take the book you are currently reading and post the third sentence,
2. Share your thoughts on the sentence.
3. Post a link to your blog in the link list (Leave it in the comments if you don't have a blog)
4. Visit the other blogs to check out their third sentence.
Here's mine: 
 
 
 
Book: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss


3rd sentence: "The most obvious part was a hollow, echoing quiet, made by things that were lacking."

Thoughts: I was intrigued by this beginning. The author seems to use short sentences, which I think adds to the feeling I get by reading this. I feel this hollow emptiness, but since this is only the 3rd sentence, I have no idea why.

Labels: