Musing Mondays

hosted by Should Be Reading



Are there any “raved reads” –books that everyone seems to be talking about– that you’re hoping to get read this year, yourself? What books are they, and why are you hoping to read them? Is it because you want to say you’ve read it? Or, would you have chosen to read it, even if you’d discovered it yourself, and no one was raving about it?

I am considering reading The Help. I usually avoid the books everyone seems to be talking about, unless "everyone" is simply other readers who opinions I trust. I don't think I would consider reading The Help if my grandmother hadn't told me I should read it. 
I tend to be disappointed by books that have a lot of hype so I wait a while before finally reading them. There are always exceptions, like the Hunger Games and the Game of Thrones books, so I try and keep an open mind.

Labels: