Booking Through Thursday

hosted by Booking Through Thursday
 
 
I saw this article the other day that asked, “Are you ashamed of skipping parts of books?” Which, naturally, made me want to ask all of YOU.
Do you skip ahead in a book? Do you feel badly about it when you do?

It is rare that I skip ahead. 
If I'm reading a really action packed scene, I catch myself reading really fast, but I slow myself down. If I'm suffering through a lull in a book, I just keep reading and pay attention. I might miss something important if I skip ahead. 
The only time I really skip (and it's more like skimming) is if I read the book before and fairly recently and I can remember exactly what is a about to happen. I'll just do a quick skim for a mental recap and get back to the parts and details that I reread the book to recapture!

Labels: