Booking Through Thursday

hosted by Booking Through Thursday
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
The Afternoon when the sun is shining brightly through the windows. Afternoon is also normally where most of my free time seems to be.


2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
No, I usually do some work if I eat breakfast.


3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
Eggs. I love eggs.


4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Maybe 3 to 4, depending on the day.


5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
Definitely more. 10 years ago I was still in high school and only read required books for school.


6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
Yes and no. I read relatively fast, but I've always associated speed reading with skimming, and I don't skim.


7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I've always wanted to read minds, even though I know it's a terrible idea.


8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
No, only if I'm going to a place I know will have downtime, like a waiting room.


9. What KIND of book?
A real book. I haven't quite jumped on board with the whole e-book craze because I don't travel enough to warrant it. I'm unable to listen to audio books, too. I don't commute in the car and if I listen to something without looking at it, I will zone out.


10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
Maybe 8 or 9, if I remember correctly. It was yellow.


11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
Since I have a few books from the used bookstore, some of the copies are worn. Crime and Punishment seems to be in the worst shape. Half of my collection is at my mom's house, but I think maybe A Wrinkle in Time is the book I've owned the longest. I have NO idea what the oldest copyright is.


12. Do you read in bed?
Only if my husband is gone (like out to sea or on duty).


13. Do you write in your books?
NO, no no no. It irks me at the used book store to see a book in such wonderful condition with writing all in it. I understand buying a book for a loved one, but why not place a card inside instead of writing on the pages? And if you own a book, you KNOW you own it, so putting your name inside is just crazy. Put your name on the bookmark if you're worried about losing it.


14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Find a book that's right for you. Readers tend to be snobby. Look at all the anti-Twilight stuff all over the internet, belittling those books and those who like them. But don't let them discourage or devalue what you choose to read. There's time in your life to branch out once you've gotten comfortable with a genre.


15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask? (Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!)
I'm new to this site, so I don't know yet.

To Participate, go to Booking Through Thursday's blog and follow the directions!

Labels: