Love

Here are some good quotes:

"I love you. It's not a weight you must carry around. I love you. It's not a box that holds you in. I love you. It's not a standard you have to bear. I love you. It's not a sacrifice I make. I love you. It's not a pedestal you are frozen upon. I love you. It's not an expectation of perfection. I love you. It's not my life's whole purpose (or your's). I love you. It's not to make you change. I love you. It's not even to make you love me. I love you. It's as pure and simple as that." Anonymous
"When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love." Robert Fulghum

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Somewhere there waiteth in this world of ours For one lone soul another lonely soul, Each choosing each through all the weary hours, And meeting strangely at one sudden goal, Then blend they, like green leaves with golden flowers. Into one beautiful perfect whole; And life's long night is ended, and the way Lies open onward to eternal day. - Edwin Arnold

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." Emily Bronte

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. - Henry Van Dyke

He must have smiled at me, though I don't really know, but I don't like to think that I would love someone who hadn't first smiled at me. - Jamacia Kincaid

People think love is an emotion. Love is good sense. - Ken Kesey

Love is being stupid together. - Paul Veléry

The power of a glance... It is in this way that love begins, and in this way only... Nothing is more real than these great shocks which two souls give each other in exchanging this spark." Victor Hugo

"I've made the most important discovery of my life. It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found." John Forbes Nash, in A Beautiful Mind

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"But our love it was stronger by far than the love Of those who were older than we- Of many far wiser than we- And neither the angels in Heaven above, Nor the demons down under the sea, Can ever dissever my soul from the soul Of the beautiful Annabel Lee:-- For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams Of the beautiful Annabel Lee; And the stars never rise but I see the bright eyes Of the beautiful Annabel Lee" Edgar Allan Poe

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go,my dear.... here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.. i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)" e.e. cummings

"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person" W. Somerset Maugham

"Real love stories never have endings." Richard Bach

"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the love of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth." Robert Southey

"There you go making my heart beat again. There you go making me feel like a kid. Won't you do it and do it one time? There you go pulling me right back in And I know I'm never letting this go. I'm stuck on you Stuck like glue. You and me baby we're stuck like glue... You do that thing that makes me laugh And just like that...There you go making my heart beat again." Sugarland

"Love not what you are, but what you may become". Miguel de Cervantes

"The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." Victor Hugo

"Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition". Alexander Smith

"If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home , then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers." Maya Angelou

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for a little while." The Princess Bride


I don't just save any old love quote. I try to find some really good ones that I connect with. Enjoy.