A non-fictional book

I read this book last year. At the time, I considered myself an atheist for a couple years, but I hadn't told anyone besides my husband. This book made me confident about "coming out" to my friends and family. While I don't considered myself a fan of Richard Dawkins or part of his militant atheist movement, I liked this book a lot. I think people should read it whether they are believers or not, or somewhere in between and read it objectively.  It certainly brings up interesting points about religion.
It is a difficult position for me to be in because I completely agree with everything Dawkins says in this book, but I am not a militant atheist or a person of liberal political views. I am not an "in your face" person and I don't think it helps atheists for them to be that way.  At the end of the day, I really don't care if someone believes in a higher power, as long as they don't trample on the rights of people in that belief and I feel that way about anything, not just religion. And I just want to be able to tell everyone I know that I'm an atheist and not be negatively judged for that. But how can atheists claim to want this, too, yet judge people negatively for being a Christian? This is where the whole thing gets conflicted.
I think I'm right in my lack of belief, but I don't think trying to be right is a redeeming quality sometimes.
But none of this really has anything to do with the book for the most part. The issues I have with Dawkins and his movement are beyond the scope of the novel presented. As an individual novel, it is worth the read.